The fading light of the dying sun,
The soothing shadowy smiling moon,
The chirping crickets cry out loud,
In the shadows let me be.
In the shadows let me be,
In the shadows where I belong,
In the shadows of the boiling sun,
Where a coward cricket runs.
And yet I fail in my vain attempts,
To embrace the shadows, hug and kiss
The silent cold comforting silk
Of the linens of hazy black.
For I know not how,
I get noticed by the preying eyes,
Which shine their disturbing light,
While on my way to a shadowy flight.
And I lie in the dusk,
Neither here, nor there,
Neither bright, nor grey,
Neither silver, nor gold.
And each time I make,
A daring attempt to take
The first few steps out of
My shadow strewn prison cell
My heart is torn, bled,
And to the shadows I run,
Like a coward lil rabbit.
Shadows are the coward’s den.
Coward or not, shadows are cool,
Shadows are dark and mysterious,
Shadows are a friend you didn’t have,
Shadows are a friend you do not have.
But shadows make you stronger too,
As you get to sit back and see
The brightened world spinning free,
The muck, mud, darkened streets.
And shadows teach you to blend,
Into the continuum of shadows,
Strewn the world across, and soon
You find a home strewn everywhere.
And so let the shadows remain,
For those voiceless souls,
Lost in their own labyrinth of thought,
To have a playground, to roam free.
In the end, its not that bad
If you do not like the light,
To the shadows you may come,
Where we will let you be.
No comments:
Post a Comment