Myriad showers of falling grey,
Streaming nomads losing their way;
Spreading above, the darkness form,
I Hate the rain, but love the storm.
Come hither O darkened blue,
Shake the river, change its hue;
Blow away the dusty brains,
Hurry it up, before it rains.
Have you seen a storm approach?
The veiled move, the slow encroach?
The sudden engulf, the cowering blinds,
All gone as the rain drop binds.
I like the forceful frenzied storms,
Uprooting trees, entrenched worms,
Moving blocks down chequered boards,
Drowning useless repeating hordes.
At times you need the gushing force,
To clear the fog right from its source;
To feel the blowing childish rush,
To float above the silenced hush.
And I know you need the soothing rain,
To reign the flowing gusty howl,
Soothe dry throats, parched and warm;
And yet, the rain I hate, but love the storm.
No comments:
Post a Comment