Sunday, March 31, 2013

Beachside blues


There's a
Man worn and wary,
His looks so dreary,
You'll feel sorry for him,
If you saw.

He's stumbling on the shore,
He wants to get some more,
You'll find him a such bore,
I'm sure.


#

I saw him
Sitting by the beach,
The waves were out of reach,
The sand was in his eyes,
I saw.

The sun was trying to set,
Casting its yellow net,
I walked up and I said,
"Hey there"

"I'm going down to the town,
To buy myself a gown,
If you want, come along,
With me"

The man worn and wary
He said he was sorry,
The tide was on the rise,
He showed.

He would want to wet his feet,
Before he hit the crowded street,
And I liked the sound of that,
So I said,

"I'll wait, I understand,
Your feet, and eyes of sand,
Need a final dash of salt,
I know"


So I,
Sat by the weeping man,
With a cold soda can,
Waiting for the sea to come,
Ashore,

And then we'll
Go to town to buy,
A pretty gown to try,
As we bid the waves goodbye,
Till dawn.


No comments: