Thursday, August 2, 2007

Song to Her Highness

As the sun goes down in the pacific east,

I looked at its rays and wondered,

It been a while since I’ve watched the sky,

it’s been a while since I’ve pondered.

Why the sky is the sky, why the stars are so high,

Why the sun is so mad, why people do sigh.

Why the rain is so heavy, why the shadows so bright,

Why there is so much brightness, and yet there is no light.

Groping the shadows in my inner dark self,

Hoping for a light to emerge;

But all I did was hallucinate

There was no light, no surge.

The one’s who loved me I cared not,

The one’s who cared but still fought.

The glory I seeked in this emptiness,

The falsehood of which I never thought.

There were few who really knew me,

There are less who know me still.

There was one who always was with me,

There was one who liked my skill.

I swished my blade for her glory’s sake,

I bowed to serve her grace.

I thought I was true to the vows I made,

I thought I finally had a face.

Little did I realize the truth back then,

Little had I thought or wondered.

It was not for her almighty grace,

But for my selfish self had I bothered.

The love I had was a false pretense,

A lie to gain the light.

All I wanted to was to be Romeo,

Juliet was out of my sight.



Had I wondered these thoughts back then,

I would surely have gleaned the wrongs,

But a long way have I come since then,

I only can sing my songs.

I would like to say lets start afresh,

I would like to say lets begin,

Yet I have come a long way since,

I can only but sing.

So it been a while since I have sang my songs,

Its been a while since I’ve wondered,

Its been a while a since I’ve loved your grace,

Its been a while since I’ve pondered.
So now my grace as I see the sun,

Now as I’ve finally pondered,

I will think about it one more time,

I will think and I will wonder.

In the light shall I be no more,

Have lost the chance since long,

But these shadows are my greatest friends,

They hear but don’t boo my song.

So now your grace I’m finally here,

I know I have still the scars,

The scars of long gone battles lost,

The future battles afar.

I’ve lost the right to love you since,

I went after the light.

But in these shadows I do miss,

How much you were bright.

If the shadows are my destiny,

So shall be my fate,

From the dark reaches of my dreadful cell,

I shall serve you though I’m late…….

No comments: